The primary mission of the Teaching Learning Enhancement Cell at CHRIST is to support and enhance teaching, learning, and assessment in Higher Education within the framework of the University's emphasis on holistic development. The Cell was conceptualized in 2015 as a part of the Office of Examinations to work towards improving the teaching, learning and assessment practices of the University. It was formally constituted as the Teaching Learning Enhancement Cell in 2018.
TLEC is currently working on the adoption and implementation of Outcomes Based Education and is reviewing the teaching, learning, and assessment practices that are followed by the various departments across CHRIST (Deemed to be University). The Cell also works on conceptualizing, designing, and organizing workshops that would enhance our practices.
The main objectives of the TLEC are to:
- support the development of outcome-based curricula across disciplines
- develop policy documents for curriculum, teaching, learning, and assessment for the University
- review the teaching, learning, and assessment practices of the University
- conduct workshops on teaching, learning, and assessment for in service faculty
- undertake research on higher education